Who knew that you could make a “beer run” and come back home with a T-Shirt and sweet bottle opener finisher’s race medal? Mark your calenders fine citizens of Orlando cause on December 15th you can do just that at the Tap “N” Run 4K!
Tap ‘N’ Run combines a ridiculous running race – a 4k (2.5 miles) with 4 beer chug stations ( 3-4 oz. of beer) along the race course, a full beer at the Finish Line, crazy costumes, great times with friends, and unbelievable athleticism. JAM Active has teamed up with some rad bars on Wall Street in Downtown Orlando to create this awesome day of racing and community enjoyment!
In addition to being a part of an awesome and unique racing experience, all participants will receive a sweet Finisher’s medal (that doubles as a bottle opener…no, really), the equivalent of over two beers and a Tap ‘N’ Run t-shirt to commemorate your amazing accomplishment. They also professionally time the race so you and your friends can laugh about how long it took to finish a mere 4k while sipping some suds!
You MUST be 21 years of age by race day to participate and all beer chugging is 100% optional (water will be available at all chug stations). All participants MUST have valid IDs available upon check-in which will be reviewed by law enforcement agencies. No valid ID = no race. Each runner will be assigned a race wave. Waves will start every five minutes, with the first at 5pm. Don’t worry, they won’t split up your team. Immediately following Tap ‘N’ Run, JAM Active will announce award winners near the finish line. Afterwards, all participants are encouraged to stick around and enjoy live music and good times on Wall Street (plus more booze)!
Teams & Age Divisions
- Pints (Teams with 2-4 members)
- Tall Boys (Teams with 5-7 members)
- Growlers (Teams with 8-Infinity members)
- Top 3 male and Top 3 female finishers in each division will receive awards
- Top 3 team finishers (average finish time) in each team division will receive awards
- NOTE: EVEN AS A TEAM MEMBER, YOU ARE COMPETING AS AN INDIVIDUAL, TOO
- Team times are based on the average of all team member finish times
- All team members are also eligible for individual finisher awards and all costume/extracurricular awards
- Teams can be setup through the online registration process and controlled (add/subract members, change team name, password protect, etc.) by your team captain
Costume and Extracurricular Awards
Between now and December 13th, race entry is $47 per person. After that the price is $52 per person. For more info and to register visit Tap ‘N’ Run online! You can also find them on twitter, facebook and instagram! See you on the course!!!
Because you’re awesome iGetSkinny.com readers you qualify for a wicked discount! Use the code: TINNEYTAP for $5 off your registration to Tap ‘N’ Run Orlando!!!
BTW…don’t live anywhere near Orlando? Check out the 2012-2013 Tour dates to see if Tap ‘N’ Run will be coming to a
bar town near you!
Still not convinced? Take a look at this!